Wednesday, May 19, 2010

Common Goods: Prom(ise me you won't ask to see my dress).




'Tis the season for posing in front of a backdrop with fake flowers in pedestal vases. Teens everywhere are booking limos, shore houses, and boat cruises. They are also spending way too much to have their hair piled on top of their head and makeup spackled on their faces, but it's all in the name of tradition, a rite of passage that shouldn't be missed. Culling prom photos from Flickr made me realize just how unfortunate many prom dresses are, so I don't have to feel bad about my own--ahem--turquoise zebra print chiffon number with matching turquoise everything (eyeliner, shawl, shoes). Yeesh. Looking back on it, I should have kept that dress on for the post-prom Seaside Heights festivities. Would have been perfect Jersey Shore wear. Here, take a look at some other peoples' prom shots because I'm not showing you mine.



























It's official, in my next life I'm coming back as a girl who gets to go to prom in the early '60s.

No comments: