Thursday, October 28, 2010

Water Work

We humans come from aqueous beginnings. Both as tiny pre-babies in the contained sea of the womb and as a submerged primordial life force that grew gills and then fins and then feet after the big bang (that is if you believe in that crazy evolution stuff). Some designers and artists want to get you a little closer to all that wetness. My friend Rahul ("in the know") Sharma tipped me off to the new Robyn video today and it makes a star of liquid fashion. Visual artist Lucy McRae designed the tubular water wear, which is a nice accent to the hot and heavy couple.

Robyn 'Indestructible' Official Video

Robyn | Myspace Music Videos


Lucy McRae's work is fantastic, but she's not the only one looking to make your wardrobe all wet. The designer/artist Charlie Bucket won a Vimeo award earlier this year for the musical video he made of his woven tube textile prototype draining and filling with colored water. Totally deserving of the praise, in my humble opinion.

Fluid Sculpture from Charlie Bucket on Vimeo.



Hypnotic, no?

1 comment:

HENRY FRY said...

Hi Anna,

Can I just say that I love your blog! I am especially grateful that you brought the Movie Garb images into my life. they're so great. Anyway, keep up the good work.

Henry