Friday, March 04, 2011

DIY Glam Pop for the Disco Set.


Steed Lord is the kind of band that gets the name "collective" because they are up to much more than simply making music. The trio hails from that fabled land of Bjork and hot springs, Iceland. They make good use of their country's reputation for all things fairy-wood-nymph-electric-cool and actually produce some sweet dance music. Listening to their single 123 If You Want Me really shakes my hips. I haven't wanted to be in a club in a long time (they smell funny when you're sober) but I'm craving a little thump thump dance dance under strobing spotlights next to hot bodies. Also, if the Steed clan's headmistress Kali could whip up a getup for me to rock, I'd really appreciate it, and probably enjoy myself that much more. Watch their video below, and visit their site here.

STEED LORD - 123 IF YOU WANT ME from STEED LORD on Vimeo.

Oh, and "If you want me, put your back against the wall."


H/T the cool hunter.

No comments: