Friday, August 27, 2010

Charming.

I love it when my mom proves she's cooler than me. She posted a link to London's Black Cab Sessions on her Facebook page today. It's a music/film project by five friends born of a love of music. They invite indie (and not so indie) artists to hail a cab and sing a song in the back seat. The resulting acoustic, squished sessions wind up posted to the site for all to see. One of their more recent film is of the Aussie band Cloud Control offering up a charming backseat version of their whoop-inducing song, "Gold Canary".

Cloud Control from Black Cab Sessions on Vimeo.


The band's original video for the song is lovely little ode to historical television graphics and brings me back to Atari daze.



In honor of the song's title, I offer my fashion fiends a precious little ode: A golden canary charm of their own, ready to be strung and worn.

Tweet, tweet.

No comments: