Friday, June 11, 2010

Pop Goes The Yum.



I'm officially obsessed with People's Pops, and while you should avoid wearing them, you should definitely eat them.

Look how pretty.

Made with fresh, local ingredients by a few skilled freezer chefs based in Brooklyn, the ice pops are simply delish. Flavors on weekly rotation are simple combinations of quality ingredients that serve as each other's perfect compliment: Blueberries and Cream, Rhubarb Mint, Plum Sour Cherry, Pear Jasmine (a personal fave); they will all dance on your tongue. Refreshing, dazzling, and so tasty, there is nothing better for a hot summer day, or a rainy day, or a blah morning, or...whenever.


That's what's in the pops. Mmmm.

I admitted my obsession to the lovely fedora-ed pop seller behind the counter (who I'm sure politely pretended not to recognize me) at the Chelsea Market bar, and he said, "Well it could be worse, at least it's not drugs." Believe me buddy, if I could mainline those pops, I would. My ultimate justification for my new near-daily cold treat is that it licks the fro-yo competition by miles. At least I can enjoy these with the knowledge that they are full of organic fruit and not polysyllabic isolated starch filler things. My previous Tasti-D-Lite habit (I know, it's inexcusably bad) had me worried for my unborn children. I'm not worried anymore, but let's just say I wouldn't be surprised if my first baby popped out on a stick.




Visit the People's Pops website or take a trip to the Chelsea Market to get your daily yum. See ya there.

All images grabbed from the People's Pops website.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

delicious! I love Popsicles. I've never seen this brand before though... I hope they sell it around here!
xo

Donna K. said...

Eaten: strawberry basil, raspberry basil & plum tarragon
Result: addiction