Tuesday, May 05, 2009

Swoon. Sigh. Yes, please!

I have this total and complete crush on The Costume Institute at The Metropolitan Museum of Art. Seriously, I saw this crazy documentary on people who are in love (like loooooovve) with structures and buildings and marry them and stuff, and I think I'm one of them. I love The Costume Institute. I want to marry it and have like 10,000 of its babies. The Institute's exhibits are always a pleasure to behold. Their visual presentation lets their colleciton shine on view. I've been to The Institute's exhibits with people who have no interest in fashion but thoroughly enjoy themselves. That's my baby! The latest special exhibition, The Model as Muse: Embodying Fashion explores the relationship between top models and the designers they inspire. It opens to the public tomorrow and I'll be there. Here's a sneak peek of what I'm in for courtesy of New York Magazine's The Cut:



So, if you never hear from me again after tomorrow, assume that I've found a way to live out my happily ever after scenario and I'm stowed away in my one true love's hallowed halls. Don't look for me. I won't want to be found... (how weird does that sound? Really, or truly, or mildly?

No comments: