Friday, May 08, 2009

Up To Bat

Bat for Lashes was on Letterman the other night. Musical Experience leader Natasha Khan rocked some sort of tutued, feathered neckdress and some silverleaf, metallic blush/eyeshadow. Impressive. You know what else is impressive? Her lovely, whispery voice. It agitates some sort of feeling center in me that immediately makes me want to cry a little in a greatly cathartic kind of way, in a pleasant "let it out" kind of way. Here, see if that happens to you:



Well? Do you need a tissue? Ok, if not, see if this does it: The song "Daniel" that Bat performs is an ode to Daniel LaRusso. No? That's The Karate Kid. Daniel-san. Wax on, wax off.



I love me some quirky songstresses. They make my world go 'round. I'm a fan of Bat's weird. I find it very visually satisfying. Here's another trippy taste of The Karate Kid crusher in action. Watch as she runs around Joshua Tree Park to a soundtrack of tunes from her latest album, Two Suns:



It's like Bjork and Stevie Nicks communed with nature and created a new being. I can so imagine that happening.

No comments: