Wednesday, February 17, 2010

Ruh-Ro.


A makeup look from the latest Rodarte line.


Dear Mulleavy Sisters,

I will never stop loving you. Never. You of the wittiest knits, of the blood and guts inspiration, you of the spiderweb tights and the stake-in-the-heart heels. I will never, never not love you. But. But. But. This latest collection was not your best work. I'm not trying to make you feel guilty, or bad about yourselves, but I am trying to make sure this doesn't happen again. You put a whole collection together based on the idea of getting dressed in the dark. Flip the switch and catch a glimpse of the mash-up.


Your craftsmanship is a wonder to behold. Do not question this. Your patchwork pastiche is always a showcase of some damn fine handiwork. Those sweaters that look like thick, loomed yarn? Gorgeous. Those strands of pearls strung sideways over the shoulders? Nice. But all of that mashed together with an ill fit and some ghostly makeup? Not so nice. This is tough love for my favorite pair. I have faith that you'll return in top form next season. Total faith. 'Til then? I have to speak my truth.

1 comment:

Donna K. said...

...somebody had to say it! The show looked like little kids dressing themselves, didn't you have a post about that?