Wednesday, July 22, 2009

Passionate Kisses.



I've been a bit obsessed with formulating a fashion uniform of my own lately. I'm sick of wondering if I'm on trend or off, if I'm in or out, if I'm with it or over it. It's exhausting, so I have something brewing in the frontal fashion lobe of my brain. I'm going with a formula that's timeless and girly with a tomboy edge. I'm still working out all the details of the execution, but I know one thing for sure, I'm going bold with the lipstick. I've always loved the idea of doing the drop-dead red mouth on the daily, but I've been intimidated. I've never worn lipstick regularly, but I am always so struck by how pretty a red lip can be with a minimal face of makeup. It's so feminine, but almost assertively so. There is no mousing around with a poppin' pair of lips. You declare womanhood with a red pout. It's such a force of nature. As long as you keep the eyes simply and lightly lined and just brushed with some mascara, you will not be overdoing it. You'll look classic, not crass. At least, that's what I'm hoping. What's my signature shade going to be? I'm going with the Queen, baby!



Poppy King, The Lipstick Queen! She's a brilliant business woman with a passion for all things lip-related and I feel good about spending my hard-to-come-by bucks on her great cosmetics. She started her own lipstick company out of her home when she was just a High School grad and has built her business into a $2 million a year operation. Even in this dismal economy her sales are up, way up, 34% up! That's big. Why? Well, let her tell you...



It is always so inspiring to me to see entrepreneurial women making a killing in the business world. She's a dynamo. Her story is a success to pattern yourself after and her products are thoughtfully, well-made. There are no gimmicks, no over the top over-promises, no crazy bee ess, just color-filled pencils, sticks, glosses, and pots that provide great shades in lasting formulas. Need to know more? Poppy'll give you a lipstick lesson.



I'm choosing the Red Sinner, because I'm that badass. Or, maybe I'll pick up Sinner and Saint so I can choose my level of badassness on a day to day basis. Either way, this is going to be fun...

No comments: