Wednesday, November 04, 2009

Better Late Than Never.



I know, you've all been watching Mad Men for seasons already and you're over it. But, humor me for this one post. I just started watching it from the very first episode, and I cannot even tell you how obsessed I am with it's glorious gorgeousness. Oh dear! The clothes, the hair, the makeup, the Don Draper, the social mores, JOAN! I'm in love with all of it. I'm a few episodes in to the second season, so if you're thinking, "What is she talking about, that show blows now!" just know that I'm oblivious to anything past the American Airlines pitch episode and I'm still in the honeymoon phase. My favorite episode so far, in fact I could go so far as to say a contender for my favorite TV episode of all time (yes! I went there.) is "The Medium Is The Message." You remember it, right? It's the one where Joan leads the women of the office in a lipstick focus group for Belle Jolie cosmetics. It's the one where Peggy proves her pretty little self has a brain and begins her copywriter career. It's also the one where every single split second is drool-worthy.



The three minutes highlighted in the video linked above are glam-o-rous to the max. Eye candy; sweet and sticky. Here are some screen shots for a close-up look at what makes this lipstick focus group one of the best things ever to grace a television set.


I wish I was there. Really and truly. I love the basket full of kisses at the end. Sigh.

No comments: