Thursday, November 12, 2009

I've Gone Gaga.

I'm only going to say this once, so listen up: In spite of previous misgivings about The One Who Bluffs with Her Muffin, I actually really like the new Lady Gaga track and video. Director Francis Lawrence did it up on "Bad Romance"! His slick music video skills (previously seen in such poppy stunners as Britney's "I'm a Slave For You", Janet's "Son of a Gun", and Gwen's "What You Waiting For?"--all of which are in my top ten videos of all time) match the mistress of mayhem's music and me-me-me-mantra magically. The super white light, blond-coiffed, make-up saturated, sex show is something I'm sure Madonna is so jealous she wasn't a part of. With this video, Gaga actually takes the Material Girl's torch and stomps away with it, wild-eyed, searching for a built guy in some wicked footwear. I also think Gaga is the perfect female embodiment of Marilyn Manson's legacy. She's offering the scary pop that people always have a little craving for, and she's running it into a very glam mainstream. I'm spitting words here, but there's no need. Just watch the video:



I can't deny it: The Gaga done good. And, Lady, nice McQueen shoes, Bitch! Loves them on you. This Gaga track actually premiered at Alexander McQueen's incredible Plato's Atlantis runway show last month, which was brilliant. What a great match. Speaking of matches, the Gaga burns the Haus down and gets crispy in the end, but her shoes survive. Thank God.

No comments: