Tuesday, April 28, 2009

This Little Piggy Went to Get a Flu Mask

I'm a hypochondriac in normal times, and when there's possibly a global pandemic happening? Oh, forget it! I've already had Oinky Flu about ten times since Sunday. Every sneeze is a death knell. I keep seeing newspaper snaps of people wearing those Michael Jackson masks (who's laughing now, huh?) and my already infected mind wants me to don one, but they remind my sane, rational self of scary recurring hospital nightmares I sometimes have. They are so sterile, so white, and creepy. It's like everyone who puts one on becomes an evil doctor about to perform spontaneous surgery on me. Oh god! What will we do people? Don't panic, please, don't panic. I have a solution: We will wear Samira Boon's Get Well Soon Masks! Yay!




So, what do you want to be? A lion, a tiger, a sheep, a goat, or...wait for it....


A Pig?! I know which one I'm picking!

The masks were created by the folks at Samira Boon during the Asian outbreaks of SARS and Bird Flu. The collective was inspired to take a scary situation and make it a bit lighter with an Old MacDonald type mentality. Apparently they are still effective anti-flu tools, even though they are dyed and printed on. Maybe they kill the germs with cuteness? Who knows. I do know that they may be hard to come by, but you can get them through the online store for the Hara Museum of Contemporary Art in Japan. Check out their main site for a little non-flu related fun as well. Stay healthy, people. Stay cute. Also, please do not sneeze on me. I can't take it.

1 comment:

Ms. Christiana said...

I wish they had a chicken one. I'd wear it all the time!