Thursday, October 16, 2008

Stylin' & Profiln': Anna Piaggi

I have a special place in my heart for eccentric stylecons. I love the devotion that some people show to their singular visual sense. Anna Piaggi, Italian fashion writer and renowned expert in all things wearable, is one of the more colorful characters in the fashion industry.

She apparently has an incredibly vast clothing collection and never wears the same outfit in public twice. She brings the crazy to a whole new level on a daily basis. There's no one like her. She also types all of her pieces on a bright red, 1969 Olivetti Valentine typewriter, designed by Ettore Sottsass.

How's that for keeping it real?

Images: top left: unknown, top right: TheSartorialist.com, above: Bardo Fabiani for the V&A

1 comment:

laursn said...

i want a typewriter like that. though word processing is great, i am always excited when there is a form at work that I have to actually use the typewriter for.
I'd use it more often if I had one this cool!!