Tuesday, November 04, 2008

All Good in This Hoodie

I love art. I love fashion. When I get to wear art, it makes me happy. Los Angeles-born renegade street artist David Choe has illustrated some hoodies and T-shirts for graffitti-based gear store Upper Playground. This one is my favorite:

It's $60, but getting to be a painted billboard for Choe is priceless. He paints walls, makes toys, sculpts things, takes photographs, and stars in documentaries about his instant gratification geared, hell-bent-on-destruction life.

Here's some of his work:





The Choe documentary Dirty Hands: The Art and Crimes of David Choe is currently touring around the country. Here's the trailer:

I love when he double fists the spray cans, and when he jumps on top of moving vehicles. Amazing.

Keeping with today's VOTE initiative, here's Choe's portrait of Obama:

VOTE!

No comments: