Monday, November 10, 2008

Robo B!


So by now I'm sure you've all seen the photos of Beyonce rocking a robotic-looking, runway-fresh Gareth Pugh dress accessorized with a full metal hand jacket at the MTV Europe Awards. While I join the chorus of critics who actually supported this look as an interesting, edgy choice, I do have to point out that this is not Beyonce's first foray into the machine age. Remember her bionic performance getup at the 2007 BET awards?

The girl's got a thing for serious gear.

My favorite part about Beyonce making a fashionably relevant entrance in something other than a Tina Knowels/House of Derian original is that it gives me this opportunity to post about her, which I will take full advantage of. See, Ms. B (or Mrs. Jay-B) stars in one of my favorite You Tube videos of all time. It is a classic gut buster for me and I'm so thrilled to have the chance to share it with you...


Man, I love that. My favorite part is when she gets-ahem- does the runs. Oh, the vocal prowess on display.

Now, in fairness I have to say that Beyonce also stars in one of my favorite live concert moments of all time. Her appearance at Jay-Z's legendary Fade to Black concert at the Garden is beyond great. It is Beyonce at her breathtaking best-energetic, fierce, flexible, and bootyshakin'.

So good. The highlight is when she's trying to keep her fiercest face straight when she comes on stage but can't help breaking into a huge, lovey grin when she catches Jay-Z's eye. Also, I may dedicate the remainder of my days on Earth to memorizing that choreography. I think it's on par with Olympic performances and should be taught in schools.

See folks, there are many Beyonces--pick your fave and run with it.

No comments: