Wednesday, January 20, 2010

Instra:Mental Meditation.



My friend Rory just dropped this song by Instra:Mental in my inbox and I can't stop listening to it. It's dreamy and heavy with bass-backed desire. It's just one of those songs I can listen to on loop and not feel a minute of wanting another for days to come.



The boys are hastily labeled by critics as drum and bass, but duo Alex Green and Damon Kirkamduo defy true categorization. You have to listen to their stuff to get a real grasp on it, or at least attempt to. Next time you want to really conjure up the perfect outfit, tune in to one of their Autonomic Podcasts, close your eyes, and let the images of spacey, serene, style dance across your darkened eyelids. Let me know what you come up with...maybe we can get the two spinners to put up some production money for a trippy, fan-imagined clothing line inspired by their sonic experiments. I think it'd be a great idea.

No comments: