Monday, September 29, 2008

I Can See Right Through You


Nina Ricci's spring line designed by Olivier Theyskens showed some skin. No need for x-ray glasses here, just ogle with the naked eye. My goodness, this sheer trend is proliferating faster than generations of rabbits. When done right it looks classy and leaves as much to the imagination as it reveals but, I think Theyskens would have done well to add a bit more fabric to some of his dresses. Maybe the nakey looks were just PR bait, but it smacks of attention for all the wrong reasons. I don't know many women who get dressed to show some nipple. I don't want to either.

Perhaps Theyskens could have lent the leaner dresses above some fabric from the fussier gowns he sent down the runway.

Theyskens is responsible for my favorite Oscar gown from last year.

Reese Witherspoon's tiered dress in gradated shades of purple is just one of the many beautiful pieces he's created in the past, but this collection just felt imbalanced. There was too much or not enough.
images: Vogue.fr

No comments: