Thursday, September 25, 2008

Loaded


True to the brand's distinctive aestheic, this season's Marni runway was a carefully styled pile-on of patterned pieces. At first glance it may look like the models are sporting the aftermath of a richter-inducing closet explosion, but do a double take and watch the chaos work. The looks are muti-layered, but as every super stylish Marni girl knows, you could peel off any piece and mix it right into your refined wardrobe and ispire wows. I've witnessed it myself many times. An informal poll of my favorite fashionistas marks Marni as the clear favorite of cool girls, hands down.

I love Marni maven Consuelo Castiglioni's show closing photo. I'm imagining that in a moment of backstage mutiny the models joined forces and dared her to wear the teetering footware she imposed upon them. It looks like she is holding on to the wall for any chance at remaining upright.

No comments: