Friday, September 26, 2008

Rain, Rain, Here to Stay



I get my weather from the New York Times, not because it is incredibly reliable (I'm often carting umbrellas in the sunshine) but because it is like having a fortune cookie for a meteorologist. Many times the predictions are straight forward and boring, but some days NYT goes into haiku mode and gives a lovely little impressionistic weather report. I mean who else is printing the phrase "a soaking rain" in their 5-day forecast. You just keep checking it on the daily and you'll see what I mean.

Anyways, it looks like we are in for a wet weekend. This is the perfect time to bust out the Shop-a-Matic from our good friends over at New York Magazine and pick out some rain gear.

Rhiana (and even Tegan and Sara) would be proud of the incredible assemblage of umbrellas.


I pick this one from the MoMA design store. Dark on the outside, blue skies with fluffy clouds on the inside.

No comments: