Monday, December 15, 2008

Deep Cut



The Knife is one of my favorite Swedish electronic music duos (what? There's a lot of them out there!). I love the brother and sister's techy, atmospheric sound. I love songs I feel like I could live inside; songs that create a certain environment, a sonic landscape. Karin Dreijer Andersson's vocals definitely bring me to another place.

While the lead singer and her brother tend to disguise themselves as otherworldly creatures and crazy characters for photo shoots, they definitely enjoy making videos. In a solo collaboration with the group Royksopp, Karin lent her unmistakable vocals to the song "What Else is There?". She also lent her angelic beauty to the song's video:


I love the platinum locks and the untied tie. She looks like a hip Nordic snow fairy taking a detour through the dark alleys of the netherworld. Yep, that what she looks like. The Knife are currently on hiatus, but when they come back I'm sure crazy costumes and great videos will again flourish.

No comments: