Thursday, January 08, 2009

Baby, You Look Good!

As soon as I was tall enough (on tippy-toe and with a step-stool) to reach the top drawer of my dresser, you better believe I was picking out my own outfits. I have more vivid memories of my childhood clothing than I do of most of my little playmates. That turquoise blue, embroidered, washed silk pantsuit I insisted on wearing to pre-school picture day? The metallic silver bathing suit cover-up I cried for until my Bubbie bought it for me the summer of kindergarden? The obsession kicked in early. I love passing by kids on the streets of New York who have obviously dressed themselves. It always makes me smile so big. So, imagine my delight when I discovered there is a whole flickr pool dedicated to kids who dressed themselves! Check out the mini-mavens:



I should hire them to dress me.

Click away for full image info.

4 comments:

ren said...

That is so adorable!
Future fashionistas, eh?
;)

Anonymous said...

This is too cute! I love love the cute little girl with the scarves! It's like she is a fashion designer in training.

Mo said...

adorable! that first outfit is actually pretty wearable... this feels like The Sartorialist- toddler version

Lisa said...

So cute! And man oh man, these kids really know how to strike a pose eh? I could learn a thing or two from them for my outfit posts lol.