Thursday, January 01, 2009

The Machine Age



When I was little I spent a lot of time in the woods, which is weird because I lived in an apartment complex in Jersey. But, I loved it: the crunch of the leaves underfoot, the fallen tree benches, rough and tumble brother-led expeditions. Maybe that's why I love Florence and The Machine's video for "Dog Days are Over" so friggin much.


I've always kind of wanted to be captured by odd wood nymphs dressed like psychedelic carnies. Florence makes it seem so very liberating. Florence & Co. also rock hard on "Kiss With a Fist".



Now I want to be captured by wood nymph carnie clowns after I beat pinatas in striped tights. In fact, there you have my New Years Resolution, make that scenario a real deal. I'll keep you posted on how that goes.

No comments: