Wednesday, February 04, 2009

Absurdly Beautiful

I'm a fan of the more original among us. I can appreciate the classic, the pretty, the subtle, the right fit, but more often than not it is the one that makes people shake their head that really catches my eye. Style.com has a great feature today about red carpet dresses that critics loathed, but they loved. I wholeheartedly agree with most of their choices. Here are the flack-getters that should have been praised:


Cameron Diaz in Ungaro


Kirsten Dunst in Rochas


Tilda Swinton in Lanvin


Bjork in Marjan Pejoski

Here's to the non-conformist, anti-establishment, swan-wearing starlets that make my fashion world go 'round. Someone please take a cue and do something interesting at this year's Oscars. Please. I think my money is on Mickey Rourke.


1 comment:

laursn said...

I do not think Mickey will disappoint!