Sunday, February 15, 2009

On A Tear

Previously, whenever Monique Lhuillier's name was mentioned I would have cringey flashbacks to Britney and Kevin's wedding day. Lhuillier designed that shorter-than-life-itself lace number that K-Fed (remember K-Fed??) and Britter's tied the knot in. I hated that booty-baring dress, but apparently Britney loved it, really loved it. Remember when she resurrected it for a daytime walk with photog lover Adnan? Ah, memories. Anyways...

Lhuillier's latest collection slightly redeems her image in my eyes. Lhuillier has always been known for her awards show worthy gowns, and her traditionally sweet dresses got an edgy makeover with the help of a little creative styling. The satiny, lacy looks were layered over snagged, torn body stockings and topped with multi-strand necklaces. Some of the 12 looks got a little carried away, but I applaud the move in a new direction and I think at least a few were very wantable.



Ladylike never looked so raw. I like the contrast.

Photos: Marcio Madeira for Style.com

No comments: