Sunday, September 13, 2009

Dance Dance Revolution.

If you follow this blog with any regularity, you know that my inner child is a wannabe ballerina. It's just a fantasy I've always had. I must admit though that it has less to do with actual dancing, and of course, more to do with donning dancing wear. I'm less jealous of the pirouettes than I am of the pointe shoes. One of my favorite things to do in New York is to head up to the Lincoln Square area and watch the off duty ballet students from Julliard walk by. They have telltale posture, tight buns, and a gait that belies their area of study. They also have the most amazing layered look. Tights and bodices with hoodies or jackets, cropped leggings peeking out of wide legged pants, halter necked-leotards showing where their giant tees slouch. I think it's beautiful and it seems Charlotte Ronson feels the same.


Her collection this week was based on ballerinas outside of the studio. It's ballet with a leather edge. Slouchy shirts and rolled-up half-tights? Yes, please. I love the look of the super sheer tights bunched up.

Photos from Style.com.

No comments: